Our Expert Staff
Metal Restoration Works
THANK YOU FOR ENGAGING UNITED ROOF RESTORATIONS TO CARRY OUT YOUR METAL ROOF RESTORATION WORKS
Congratulations! You obviously understand your roof’s importance in the structural integrity of your property. In this document, we will set out what you can expect from our company and the process, and what is expected of you. Our aim is to delight you with the best quality workmanship, with minimal intrusion into your daily life.
Metal Restoration Works
Please take the time to read this document thoroughly as it contains important information.
INTRODUCING UNITED ROOF RESTORATIONS
Your peace of mind means everything to us
For more than 25 years, United roof restorations has provided Australian homeowners with services that maintain their property in excellent condition. Throughout our operations, we promise our customerscomplete satisfactionand offer the following assurances:
- Transparent quotations– We always provide our customers with a written quotationoutlining in full what was agreed upon(which may or may not be exactly as outlined below in The Process). We are always happy to answer any questions so that you have a clear understanding of the entire process.
- Before and after photos– We believe it’s very important for you to understand the condition of your roof and why the works are needed. We take comprehensive inspection photos before quoting and more photos once the job is completed so you can see what has been done.
- Bid and timeline– You deserve to know in advance what you’re paying for and the expected timeline for the work that will be carried out.
- Qualified and experienced roofers– United roof restorations only employs qualified and experienced tradespeople.
- Fully licensed– Enjoy peace of mind knowing that we hold current builders’ licenses in New South Wales, the ACT and Queensland.
- Fully insured– United roof restorations is fully insured to carry out works on your property. We carry $20 million public liability insurance and all our tradespeople are insured.
- Professional memberships– We are proud to be members of the Master Builders Association and Housing Industry Australia.
Our reputation is built on the way we act with integrity, skill and honesty and we look forward to demonstrating our values to you.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US DURING YOUR ROOF RESTORATION PROJECT
We have set out below the general process involved in repairing or replacing your metal roof. Your assigned roofing contractor will be happy to explain the full process to you, particularly as it involves your actual roof.
- Roof inspection– A33-point roof inspection reveals all. We identify moss and lichen, water damage, broken gutters, damage to flashing, valleys, ridges, treat rusty areas and any other damaged areas that may need to be repaired.
- Roof and gutter cleaning –Asidefrom being unsightly, a dirty roof leads to deterioration of its condition. Our high-pressure cleaning process removes dirt, moss, lichen and algae. This gives us an accurate picture of any existing damage that needs to be repaired. Your gutters will be cleared of debris and cleaned as well.
- Repair/replace –On metal roofs, we repair or replace any roofing elements that are not in adequate condition. Every job is different and may require any or all of the following tasks:
- Remove and replace any loose or rusted screws and deteriorated washers.
- Treat surface rust on metal sheets with rust killer.
- Install new gutters.
- Repair or replace damaged gutters and downpipes.
- Repair or replace damaged flashing, valley and ridges.
- Repair any leaks.
- Replace rusty metal sheets that are beyond repair.
- Replace or repair flashings.
- Ridge capping –We repair or replace rusty screws, remove and replace any rusty areas or loose ridge caps and ensure proper joining of any loose sheets to protect from dislodging and leaking.
- Element protection –The roof and guttering are rinsed off, ready for a coating of MouldRid antifungal which inhibits mould growth.
- Final clean –Before spraying the roof, we give it another good clean to ensure it is ideal for the application of the coating.
- Primer –Specialised corrosion control primers are applied for metal and Zincalume® roofing.
- – Two coats of roof membrane (more, if necessary) are applied to encapsulate the surface. This provides the ultimate protection, durability and weatherproofing.
- Final roof inspection –A United roof restorations supervisor will visit the site to perform a final roof inspection to ensure that the work has been completed to our usual high standards.
- Rubbish removal –We remove all rubbish related to the job from your property upon completion of the project.
All the roof sealers, membranes and other materials we use have been specifically formulated to protect your roof from harsh Australian conditions. Warranty of all materials is administered by our suppliers and not by United roof restorations.
Upon completion of your roof restoration, we will provide you with a collection of documents outlining the brands, materials and colours used. If you experience any issues with the materials, you must make contact with the manufacturer directly.
The integrity of the roof of your home is vital in protecting you against the elements. United roof restorations guarantees the quality of workmanship we provide. If you are not satisfied with the work once completed, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU DURING YOUR METAL ROOF RESTORATION PROJECT
Roof restoration is a specialised task that requires due attention paid to safety and to the protection of your home, possessions and family. Kindly read the following before works commence.
- Material selection– This is the customer’s responsibility. We will provide you with all the appropriate information to choose from and we require you to advise us of the specifics of colours, brands and materials via email or text before commencement.Please note that we are not restricted to any particular brand; you can choose whichever brand you desire.
- Material availability– If your choice is unavailable, we will advise as soon as possible so that you can make an alternative selection.
- Onsite parking –We require an area on site to park United roof restorations vehicles, space for materials storage and an area where discarded materials can be placed until we remove them upon completion of the project. Please determine where these areas will be before the tradespeople arrive to commence work.
- Adult present– An adult, preferably the homeowner who has engaged United roof restorations must always be on site at the home during works.
- Water availability –Water must be available for use by United roof restorations throughout our time on site. We will require access to an outdoor tap.
- Secure external water entry points– All windows, doors and other entry points must be firmly closed before works can commence.
- Relocate vulnerable items– Please relocate any items of value such as vehicles and outdoor furniture that may be damaged by water or contaminants from the roof. If you have a swimming pool, we recommend covering it if possible.
- Noise and mess –The use of high-pressure cleaning machines and other equipment means there will be noise and some mess. Unfortunately, the noise is unavoidable however we will keep it to a minimum. We will clean up any mess upon completion of the job.
- Advise neighbours– It is up to you to inform all adjacent neighbours (each side and to the rear or front of your property) of noise and mess. Please advise them to remove washing from outdoor lines and to close windows, etc.
- Water leakage –Some water leakage may occur during the initial cleaning of your roof, depending on its condition and any visibility issues due to contaminant build-up. It is your responsibility as the homeowner to check for this occurrence and to advise the operator immediately so that steps can be taken to prevent further leakage. United roof restorations is not responsible for any leaks caused by existing roof damage.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
You are reading this document because you have accepted United roof restorations’ quotation to proceed with your roof restoration works. It is your responsibility as the customer to fully read and comprehend the information in its entirety. If you are unsure about anything or would like to discuss the contents, please do not hesitate to contact our office.